Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fragments


I call these short poems "Fragments" because they are pieces from other places -- comments I've left at places or just some doodlings.


Inside Out

She stares at white paper,
unsure, a bit tentative
at first. And then she finds,
or stumbles upon,
a stone to cross,
a stone to turn
inside out.

On Notice of “To Be Published”

These words from stones,
from a life lived,
from bits of data
infinitesimally small,
to pages shed by woods,
cycled and recycled to use
for beauty,
encouragement,
inspiration;
to help us see
what is there
and to savor the life
of the
infinitesimally
large.

Pieces

The pieces are souls;
the shards, hearts.
The inside story begins
with a blue mist,
but warm.

Spin Top

I once knew a man who
had a spin top like
the one the woman had in
her closet with a
window and
he loved it.

The Poetry Editor

I have good
friends, who
tweetly
alliterate and
alliterately
tweet. I
only collect the
tweets and
see what hatches.


Photograph by Nancy Rosback at Poems and Prayers. Used with permission.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember some of these words. i just love your comment poems and doodlings.

thanks for using the photo, my friend.

Jeff Jordan said...

I really liked: "A stone to turn inside out."

Jeff

Jeff Jordan said...

I really liked, "a stone to turn inside out."

Jeff

Louise Gallagher said...

Beautiful.

This one -- The inside story begins
with a blue mist,
but warm. -- this one felt like cinammon melting on warm buttered toast.

Jeff Jordan said...

Evidently, I liked it more than I even knew...must have gotten crazy with my computer...sorry about that.

Sandra Heska King said...

Love these. Never thought about saving some of my comments.

Maureen said...

I like all of these very much and remember a few of the places you left them. They leave that wonderful message "I see" because you do.

nAncY's image is one of my favorites.

Billy Coffey said...

You have such a talent, Glynn. Even your comments are poetry.

Anonymous said...

These make me smile. :)

S. Etole said...

a multi-gifted man you are ... very enjoyable reading ... and Nancy's photo is great, too

Duane Scott said...

Hey Glynn, wanted to let you know that I finally got all my subscriptions moved over to my new google reader account, so I'll be able to read your blog more regularly. Thanks for sticking with me, my friend!

~*Michelle*~ said...

This made me smile:

I
only collect the
tweets and
see what hatches

katdish said...

You are so clever, Glynn! I love this.

Kelly Sauer said...

I simply love that last one... *grin*