Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Good Reads


Painting a house, the legacy for our children, why a little girl needs her father, even a beautiful video on carpentry – some great things to read on see online last week.

Prose

Garden > Wilderness > Garden” by Bob Spencer at Wilderness Fandango.

Radical Grace” by Michael Perkins at Untitled.

Investment” by Bill Grandi at Cycleguy.

Would You Rather” by Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today.

What Do We Pass on to Our Children?” by Claire Burge at Claire B.

Do You Suck the Life Out of Everything?” by Jessica McGuire at Jezamama.

If it weren’t for the sting of death” by Duane Scott.

This is How I Go When I Go Like This: Painting the House” by Greg Sullivan at Sippican Cottage.

Are You Taking Enough Risks?” by Bradley Moore at Shrinking the Camel.

Why I hate writing, part 9: Honesty” by Kathy Richards at Katdish.

For Daddy Because She Needs You” by Jennifer Dukes-Lee for Imperfect Prose.

Poetry

Two Songs of a Fool” by William Butler Yeats, read by Tom O’Bedlam at Spoken Verse.

Miracles” by Walt Whitman, read by Tom O’Bedlam at Spoken Verse.

Almost Sixty” by Jim Moore.

Decay” by Gwylym Owen at Illiterate Poet.

Boldly Go” by Rob Kistner at Image and Verse.

Not So Pretty” by B.K. McKenzie at Signed…BKM.

Let Me Tell You” by Maureen Doallas at Writing Without Paper.

Cliches” by Jim Schmotzer at Faithful Skeptic.

I’m Homeless” by Duane Scott.

Wings” by Nancy Rosback at A Little Somethin’.

Paintings and Photographs

The Midnight Hour” and “Maneuvering Room” by Susan Etole at Just…A Moment.

"Through Leaded Lights" by J of India at Neither Use Nor Ornament.

Practice Makes Prints” by Nancy Rosback at A Little Somethin’.

Videos

Make Something of Yourself,” a short video on carpentry, via Greg Sullivan at Sippican Cottage.

Photograph: Work by Nancy Rosback. Used with permission.

8 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Thanks for the mention Glynn. Much appreciated.

Kelly Sauer said...

I may take this instead of my Reader today... It's been a long week.

I hope your weekend is restful. I've been praying for you.

Megan Willome said...

So what would I do without your "Saturday Good Reads"? Keep up the great work!

Maureen said...

Thank you for mentioning one of my poems from this week.

Hope you're able to get in some relaxing down-time this weekend.

Louise Gallagher said...

I love how your list always opens my Saturday morning up with a good read!

And I too hope you're getting some time to relax and sit back and enjoy the day!

Jessica said...

Thank you for listing me... I love to visit.
Happy Weekend.
J.

Anonymous said...

thank you for including me!

:-)

S. Etole said...

Yes ... a thank you from me as well ... hope you have a chance to relax a bit