Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Good Reads






















For the past couple of years or so, I’ve participated in a Wednesday book discussion that’s known, well, as the Wednesday book discussion. We generally do books that are Christian classics, although there’s been an exception or two.

I’m the Johnny-Come-Lately to the group; I started participating about three books ago (when they decided to tackle Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis). Then we went on the Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis and we’re about right in the middle of A.W. Tozer’s The Pursuit of God.

The two organizers, lead discussants and linkmeisters (they do the Mr. Linky thing) are Jason Stasyszen and Sarah Salter.

Jason is the lead pastor at Breakthrough Church in Juneau, Alaska. Under the name of Jason Scott, he’s composed four worship albums. He’s a poet, too, and has a feature at his blog called Warrior Poets. Jason and his wife Andrea have four children (including foster children) and somehow he finds the time to manage a web site development company. Jason blogs at Connecting to Impact.

Not too far away from Juneau, Sarah Salter lives in the state of Washington. She’s originally from North Carolina, and tells wonderful stories – and some heartbreaking stores – about growing up there. Sarah is an administrative professional and freelance writer/editor. And she has a huge heart for missions. And she likes to hike. Sarah blogs at Living Between the Lines.

In addition to me, there are two other regular participants – Dusty Rayburn and Fatha Frank.

Dusty, who lives with his family in Alabama, blogs at Devoted Conversations. Here’s what he says about himself: “I am a Christian. I am not perfect, nor do I imagine I ever will be. My God is perfect. I am forgiven. I am loved. I am His.” He is a man with a heart for God.

Frank Friedl (we call him Fatha Frank) blogs at Public Christianity. In his own words: “A disciple of Christ and student of politics and pop-culture. A movie, music, sports and comic book buff who searches for spiritual meaning in the world around me.”

I follow all of them on Twitter and Facebook. We have a connection via The High Calling as well. I read their blog posts on Wednesdays about the books we’re discussing and the rest of the week on a lot of other topics, and find myself blessed every time.

2 comments:

jasonS said...

Thanks so much for this, Glynn. You are a great blessing yourself. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Good good reads.