Saturday, September 6, 2014

Focusing Through the Frenzy


I have a job many people might envy. No one day is ever like another. Every day is filled with crises, activities, meetings, hallway discussions, frantic phone calls, and about 400 emails. Streams of communications come from Europe, India, South America, Canada, all over the United States, and all over our headquarters location. I’m never bored. I never have to complain about not having enough real work to do. It is a very rare day when I experience calm.
It’s a job in which I am constantly “on.” I have to give advice and counsel at a moment’s notice, correct a name in a online article, tweet a response to an issue, quickly fulfill a request on Facebook, and make sure the right people get communications that flow in through the channels we manage. Every day is an upheaval.
To continue reading, please see my Daily Reflection for The High Calling today, a meditation on 1 Peter 1:20-21.


Photograph by Larry Palmer via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission. 

No comments: